Day One Community Groups
Holy Cross started several community groups last fall and more groups are starting in the new year. Start connecting with others this year. Here's a few that might interest you or check out our Facebook page or website to learn more.
- FPU (Financial Peace University) by Dave Ramsey: There's a way out of money stress: Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps. This 9 week study is designed to lead you out of debt and stress and into a life of saving and giving. Millions have worked this proven plan. You can too! This class is scheduled on Tuesdays @ 6:30 p.m. in the HC science room starting January 23rd. If you are interested, contact Dan & Arlene Wunderlin at 260-438-5896 or email@example.com. The cost is $90 per family.
- The Small Catechism - Revisiting an Old Friend: Discover how a five century-old devotional classic holds surprisingly modern insights for living a satisfying life. Pastor Ahlersmeyer leads this class on Tuesdays from 6:30—8:00 p.m. in the Chapel, just started on January 16th (it's not too late to join). Please contact Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook page if you have questions. Child care is available.
- Moving, Armored in Faith: This group will link Bible study, fellowship and preparing for the AJ Arnett 5K run/walk in May. Join us on Sundays @ 2:30 p.m. in the Aulick Center, started on January 7th (it's not too late to join). This group is led by Jami Barnes; for more info contact her at 445-7137 or email@example.com.
- Men’s Explore Group: Pastor Neubacher will be leading a study of different book and characters of the Bible. The first will be on David, a man after God’s own heart. Time for fellowship and impacts of current world events will be discussed. This group meets on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month at Joanna’s Family Restaurant in Leo’s Crossing on Dupont Rd @ 8:15 a.m., the next one is January 27th. Please contact Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 739-6507 if you have questions.
- Moms on the Move: A weekly gathering for moms with younger children to walk and talk. Meets on Mondays @ 9:00 a.m. Check out the Moms on the Move Facebook page for the weekly location. Kids can play while moms talk and walk. This group is lead by Kelli Leighty; for more info contact her at email@example.com or 452-9127.
- A Touch of Brush: Participants gather for fun and fellowship centered on creating a painting on canvas. Debbie Hesterman leads the way with her art and teaching skills. The first event is on February 16 @ 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at Bottle & Bottega (2870 E Dupont Rd). The cost is $20 which includes pizza, 12x12 canvas, brushes, and paints provided. Beer, wine and soft drinks sold separately. Contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook page.